3.21.2012

31 (and a day) weeks

 


Yesterday I had the good fortune of turning 31 weeks. I say good fortune because on Monday night I went to the hospital for what seemed to be some pretty mild contractions. Mike was working so Kyle and Samantha drove me there and stayed until I was admitted to triage. Mike showed up a few minutes later, right when I was being hooked up to contraction/fetal heart rate monitors. I wasn't really worried, I think that he was (side note: how terrible does that have to be for the man, ya know? He doesn't know what is going on, he is scared for his baby and his wife and he can't do anything about it. Terrible).

After a few hours on the monitor turns out the contractions I was feeling were tiny, barely measurable, but I was very crampy all day long and just felt lousy. The nurse checked me for any progress (HELLO!) and I was still very high and closed, which was a great great sign.

My urine test came back positive for a pretty massive and nasty bladder infection which could have been causing the crampy feeling. I feel stupid for going to the hospital for a bladder infection but better safe than sorry. Henry is fine, and staying put for a while and I am fine too. Thank goodness.

Here is a picture of what the baby looks like at 31 weeks. The size of this baby's head freaks me out. You. Catch. My. Drift?


Baby, fetus at 31 weeks - BabyCenter

And here is me last week at 30 weeks. My belly is freakishly large, I know, and it's a really odd shape too. Wearing things that accentuate my belly (non maternity clothes) freak people out.


-S

1 comment:

Brittanni said...

Looking good my friend!