5.08.2012

38 weeks...the final countdown



Sorry I haven't written much. In the last few weeks I've gone from working full time, to full time mom, and the transition has been a little tough. Not that I mind staying home with Charlotte everyday at all, we're having a lot of fun together, but being AS PREGNANT as I am and chasing after a toddler is hugely insanely difficult. Most days I just want to sleep but I'm up and going with her and when she finally goes down for a nap its hard for me to wind down at that exact time. It's almost like having a newborn baby around, but one who sleeps 12 hours a night.

In Henry news: he's given us some trouble. As of my last doctor's appointment last Friday he is in the "oblique" position, (yep, I had to google it too). Here's a visual:




Basically my baby is laying with his head near my left hip, his back and butt are up top and his feet are well I don't know, kind of all over the place at the moment. There isn't a whole lot of information out there on oblique position, but knowing what I know from Charlotte being a breech baby, this means I have to have another C-Section.  I was sort of hoping it would be this week, just to get it over and done with, but it's not. We'll be meeting our big guy a week from today, on May 15 at around 7:30 am. Unless I go into labor first, in which case I'll still most likely be having a repeat C Section, because he's probably too big to turn.  According to the ultrasound baby weighs around 8lb, 9 oz already and that could be off by as much as a pound or two either way.  I'm just going to throw this out there and say that we're going to add another 10 pound baby to the mix.  

Now that we have a date though things have been in full speed. We're doing a lot of prep work, making a lot of lists, and plans and playing with Charlotte a lot. That is one thing that makes me totally sad, is Charlotte not being my only baby anymore. I know she'll always be my baby, and my first baby at that, but I know I won't be able to devote my time 
to just her and that makes me sad.  I try to stay positive about it though... I know she is going to be a wonderful big sister to Henry and that makes me very happy.

How am I? Well I'm huge. Wanna see:

37 weeks, and 5 days

That picture was taken on Sunday, just before my shower started.  It was a great shower, not too many people. short and sweet and some really cute (and essential) second baby gifts were given to us. It was a wonderful day!

Also, I feel like I'm carrying around 17 bowling balls under my shirt at all times. Stefanie = so ready to be done!!!!


No comments: