8.27.2012

Whew, we made it.


Henry turned 3 months a few weeks ago and I was all "durrrrrr" because that's the only cognitive thought that can come out of my mouth these days.

I think I've confessed on here before about not loving having tiny babies. Newborns. Sure they're snuggly and quiet but I didn't love it with Charlotte and really really didn't love it with Henry because of his colic issue. I like sleep (SHOCKER!) and newborns don't sleep. Also, when you are post c-section, and nursing forever and hormonal as shit it's just a time I look back to and go "oh wow, that was the most fun time of my whole life". No. It's more like, "I've got this new baby in my life and he wants to be breastfed non stop for hours at a time and then when he's done he shits himself all over the place and then cries and then the only thing to keep him from crying is nursing again." Yikes. That's real life y'all. Use protection.

I like when the kids get older. Stretch out their schedules, take their time, look around and don't need to held all day. Independence is what I like to give my kids, for them to learn and grow at their own pace and level and that even starts as a baby.

The three month mark came and it was like "WHEW WE MADE IT MIKE". Gone is the newborn baby, and here is this tubby chunky money who can hold his head up and grab his toes and coos and smiles and laughs. That is what I like.


No comments: